North West Trucks is a part of the Greenhous Group which holds a position as one of the leading independent commercial enterprises in the UK. North West Trucks is a long-established business operating in the New & Used truck sales, service & parts industry we are a DAF main dealer trading from sites in Liverpool and Northwich and are one of the oldest DAF Dealers in the U.K.
Due to an increase in business an opportunity has arisen for a Class 1 Driver to Join our Service Center based in Huyton, Liverpool.
- Collection & delivery of vehicles of all types to the highest standard within the scheduled times.
- To maintain the workshop by cleaning, assisting technicians with basic roles, putting equipment away and any other reasonable duty required.
- To clean/valet vehicles upon request
- Build a bank of knowledge and skills to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles.
The Successful applicant will be expected to:
- Carry out work completely and effectively within manufacturers’ servicing and repair times or in the case of opinion times, those set by foremen/supervisory staff.
- Advise and report on vehicle faults and servicing requirements noticed on vehicles, including future servicing/repair requirements.
- Note and record on job cards and other media as required.
- Protect customers’ vehicles with covers and dust sheets and use wipes and other consumables to keep customers’ vehicles clean.
- Maintain the security of customers’ vehicles while in your custody, including personal effects and contents by locking cars when they are left unattended.
- Ensure that all vehicles are thoroughly examined and report on the condition, serviceability and safety of vehicles.
- Look for ways to identify future customer cost savings by recommending preventative maintenance and appropriate vehicle expenditure.
- Drive customers’ vehicles in a safe and considerate manner at all times.
Clean Class 1 Driving License (C&E)
Experience in Commercial Truck / Logistics industry
Excellent Time Management
Attention to detail
experience of working with / Driving DAF trucks
Shift work - earlys / lates 6.30-14.30 / 13.30-22:00 - Flexibility will be expected given nature of role O/T available at time and a half.